Saturday, October 13, 2012

Getting ready


Well it’s now less than a week before Carly & I set off on our big trip. It has been over 18 months in the making and started with a very innocent question from Carly…”Hey Mum, would you go to Ireland with me?” So what started as a couple of weeks in Ireland and London has blossomed into a seven week odyssey that will take us to many parts of Europe as well as Dubai on the way home in addition to the intended destination of Ireland and London.

James has given me his mini notebook computer and this will be my companion as we wing our way around the world and then wend our way across many countries in the search of adventure. OK, you’ve caught me out – CJ and I are not that adventurous and will be mostly partaking in guided tours such as the one pictured here – but, hey, that’s an adventure for us.


So we are getting all the last minute stuff together, comparing our packing lists (yes, we are both anal I know), loading up the Kindles, and contemplating how many scarves, beanies and heavy coats we will need.
I will try to update the blog regularly – feel free to keep up or jump on occasionally to see how we are faring. Seven weeks seems like a long time, though I’m sure it will fly. Saturday 20 October is the beginning of the journey and Friday 7 December will see us touch down again in Sydney. Please feel free to leave comments here or send us messages on facebook or email – I’m sure we will yearn for news from home.

Until next time…
Cheers,

Penny

No comments: