Friday, September 8, 2017

Hawaii 2017 - Day 4

Day 4 – Magic of Polynesia 

Now this was a great day! After staying up until past midnight, we got off to a slow start, arriving at breakfast at about 10am. I had my usual yummy omelette, obligatory waffle, and token healthy fruit. We then took a stroll up the street, visited a few shops, bought a few souvenirs and Gary procured some tablets to battle his hay fever that has started playing up. 




We decided to have another rest day so I lay on the balcony and read half a novel, while Gary watched a bit of TV. I asked him if the tablets were non drowsy and he said he wasn’t sure … my question was answered a little later when I heard snores coming from the room. There was no need to go out for lunch as I still had left overs from last night’s dinner at the Cheesecake Factory- yum. The ultimate lazy day ... didn't even make it to the pool or beach.

We had booked in to see a show so we found ourselves back at the Cheesecake Factory for more smoothies and a light dinner – couldn’t fit in any cheesecake, maybe tomorrow. 

  

The Magic of Polynesia show was just across the road and we got there early to get good seats. Gary ordered a Volcano Cocktail and I got a glass of white wine. I think this may be the worst wine I have drunk since I was in Egypt many years ago – it was undrinkable! The Volcano, on the other hand, was very nice Gary said. The show was great – a mixture of magic and Polynesian dancing. The illusionist was very good and there was a fantastic display of fire stick twirling. All in all, a good night.

  

After the show, Gary realised he had left his Gazman hat at the Cheesecake Factory and was devo! He went back to see if anyone handed it in and when he came out hatless I knew it had not ended well. He scanned every hat in the street, hoping to catch the thief. When I suggested it was a good opportunity to perhaps buy a hat here in Hawaii he admonished me sternly and asked to be allowed time to grieve. Fair enough. We found him a nice hat ten minutes later – mourning period over.





No comments: