Thursday, September 16, 2010

Cruise - Day 14 - 16 Sep

It had to happen...yep, the calm seas we have been enjoying up until now have given way to “large waves & strong winds” (quoting from the ship's log). 

 

So we have been experiencing a bit of rock and roll since last night. It's not too bad..but, you guessed it...it's bad enough to fell the Gaz who took to his bed this morning after rushing out of the breakfast buffet soon after we arrived there. He is basically OK if he lies down but as soon as he gets upright he gets dizzy & light headed. So folks, we have a revised verdict on the aforementioned wonder drug “avomine” - it's good, up to a point.



So it's been a pretty quiet day. I took the opportunity to finish reading my book (the last of the Harry Potter books which I've been meaning to read for yonks), and we watched a couple of movies on the TV in the cabin. In addition to that, I utilised the inclement weather conditions to dry my hair after I washed it this afternoon – 5 min on the balcony – much more environmentally friendly than using the hair dryer!

It was formal night tonight so I went ahead and dressed up, waved farewell to the sick one, and headed off to the dining room. From our table of 6, one other guy and I were the only ones who turned up...but that was OK – we got great service from our waiters!



I then went to one of the lounges and listened to the band for a while until Trevor Knight did another show at 10pm. Once again he was excellent – lots of banjo, guitar and ukulele with a mixture of folk and country songs a la John Denver.


So here I am. It's after midnight and I'm sitting on the toilet with the bathroom door closed typing this so as not to wake the big boy...the things you do! Hopefully the swell, waves and wind die down a little bit tomorrow – we have to front up for immigration at 9am with passports etc – I may have to get a wheelchair for Gaz!

Go the Tigers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Penny & Gaz, sorry to hear of the inclement weather - I hope Gaz feels better soon. Go the Tigers AND Panthers - I want those roosters KFC'd after last week's result! Love, Wiz.

Frank and Lee Rynehart said...

Still Sat 18,
Penny, Megan lines up to get the Harry Potter books on the day they're released, normally on a Friday and she goes home and reads it all in one day from dawn to dusk. She's got every episode of the Potter series too.
if you want a great read, try the "Mellennium Triology" by Steig Larson. (1) "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" - (2) "The Girl Who Played With Fire" & (3) "The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest".
Steig Larson actually died at the age of 50 and didn't get to see the fruits of his labour in the publishing. Now everyone all around the world wants copies. I have the DVD of the first episode and although it's spoken in Sweedins, there's English subtitles and easy to watch and comprehend. The second in the series, the Yanks will produce with Daniel Craig (current James Bond) in the leading roll. it will be released later next year and will definitely be on our hit list.
Sorry to hear you'r crook Gaz. Maybe a trip to the ship's doctor to try some alternate medication or get him to hit you with an injection.
Gee I wish I had a laptop. I know where I'd hide to be undisturbed. at least it wouldn't be rocking and rolling!!
I'll send info about the footy in next post, just in case you don't get to watch it delayed on Foxtel.

Good morning, afternoon or night to you all.
F & L